I was really in the mood for stew this week. I don’t know what it is, because it hasn’t been that cold or rainy, but, there it is. And yet, Tuesday, when I wanted the stew, was veg. day. So, I searched through my pantry, pulled out a whole bunch of cans and put together a veggie stew that was super-easy and super-delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn (drain water)
- 1 can tomatoes
- ½ can chili peppers (optional and to taste)
- 3-4 carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Any other veggies you’d like to add
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Fry onions and garlic until soft.
- Add in the raw vegetables. Allow them to cook for about five minutes.
- Add in the contents of all the cans (drain the water from the corn, but not from the tomatoes).
- Allow everything to simmer together for about 20 minutes until all the flavors are blended and the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese or fresh coriander sprinkled on top.
I accidentally added the entire can of chilis to mine, so it was a little too spicy for my taste, so I also added dollops of sour cream as I ate it to cut the heat.