Just to be different, here’s a meatloaf recipe. I make it with ground turkey, but you can use real beef if you like.
- 1 beaten egg
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs parsley flakes
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together egg, 1/3 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, wheat germ.
- Add meat and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together ½ cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- On a piece of foil, pat meat mixture into a rectangle. Spoon the cheese mixture down the center. Roll the meat like a jelly roll, being sure to seal the edge. Wrap it in the foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Open foil, add more sauce and mozzarella on top. Bake another 15-20 minutes until done.